2008年3月4日 星期二

Luggage found the way home!

Dear all, Thanks for all your blessing. The bag came back one day later. Nothing is missed. It was such a joy to have it back. It must be your bless.....(good that the money i hided in my sneaker is still there).

These two days, I didnt do too much. I thought I would hook up with more friends in Lima since I stayed in the female dorm (6 beds), but guess what....I am the only one in the room. Yes, there are two girls who stayed but they came in during mid-night and disappeared when I came back. I asked few guys the reason why and apparently they either took night bus or night flight...so not much fun at the moment.

I stayed in Miraflores district, which is richer and neatter. It is quite prosperous and you could see McDonald/KFC/many banks everywhere just like any big cities. The price level is just about Taiwan's. (Like South East Asia, juice/beer is extremely cheap. But main food isn't necessary the case.) Only when you are out of the areas, you feel the provery a bit through their houses and cars. Not as dangerous as I imaged. Cops are everywhere in Miraflores.

My assignment of two days in Lima is to fix my visa to Bolivia. I was lucky to meet a british who knows Spanish and helped me and his American friend to ask for application. I would need to get into the office again to test the luck today.
(Jess and Mei: this is for you. You would need to have in-and-out ticket, hotel booking, yellow fever proof, and the form. This is tough cuz I dont want to buy air ticket...I might take bus so I wrote an itinerary. If failed today, I will try in Puno again. But, this is for your information.

By the way, Spanish is quite critical. I was lucky to have someone understood Spanish to help me out. Otherwise, it's quite tough. So, get a phrase book, girls.)

Anyway, guys, just want to say....thanks for the blessing. Bag is with me.

Am heading to Cuzco for Machiu Pichu today. Hopefully the altitude dissease wont cause too much trouble to me and could hook up with more friends.

Chiao....

9 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

good for you found the luggag bag without any lost. take more photo and share them with us, ok??

匿名 提到...

Singing, good to know you got the baggage back and hope you get the Bolivia visa soon:D

thanks for the info. Jess and I just bought phrase books yesterday. However it seems better to have someone who really knows Spanish to help us out for the visa applicaiton.

Anyway. Hope we will have good luck as yours then.

By the way, did you use the airport pickup service from the hostel? We will arrive at Lima around 8:30 pm, do you think it is necessary or we can just get the cab in the airport?

enjoy your MP.

Unknown 提到...

Good luck, my friend! Share some photo ~

yenlan 提到...

I said the backpack will come back! It did. God really bless you.

Take care of yourself. I will be here, wait for your sharing, and bless you as usual.

匿名 提到...

Lucky you

Singing 提到...

Mei and Jess, Visa is super difficult. So, suggest you either give up or spend time to the police station to get the certificate to prove you are clean.
As to Lima, hostal normally dont offer pick up so better to take taxi. Check the taxi with taxi sign on the top and a sign said SOAT in the mirror...they are offical. I took a green taxi. YOu will see them when you are out of the custom. Love and see you soon.

Jess and Mei 提到...

Hi, Singing:
Thanks for your information. we will check how to get a clean certificate from police station.

We will arrive in Lima on 3/20.

Take care~ See you soon~

Jess

Singing 提到...

Raymond and Cathy,
I'd like to upload few photos, but there are some technical issues. Will try to resolve them.

匿名 提到...

Hi,
Glad to see you and my high school classmate, Mei, are traveling in south Amercian now.. What a small world, huh?
Will keep praying for you guys, though I'm sure you guys will be fine.
Have fun and take care
Irene